- Dusk City Outlaws (Scratchpad Publishing, retail price $20): The January 2017 Kickstarter triumph about crime cartels and crews in the sprawling sandbox city of New Dunhaven.
- Age of Anarchy (Reroll Productions, retail $13): War and intrigue during England’s 12th-Century Anarchy, setting for the Brother Cadfael mysteries and The Pillars of the Earth.
- Murders & Acquisitions (NerdBurger Games, retail $15): Cutthroat corporate intrigue, melees in the breakroom, and promotion by execution. Sound like your office?
- Spire (Rowan, Rook, and Decard, retail $25): Revolution in a mile-tall city of a thousand gods.
- Tiny Dungeon 2E (Gallant Knight Games, retail $18): The new 2018 Second Edition of the minimalist pickup-and-play fantasy RPG, including a dozen microsettings that jump-start a new campaign.
- Red Markets (Hebanon Games, retail $20): Economic horror in a slow-motion zombie apocalypse where civilization is ending but the rent is still due.